The SQ-520 is used to measure incoming and reflected PPFD around plants and other organisms in outdoor environments, greenhouses, growth chambers, and underwater.
Refined Spectral Response
The improved spectral response of the SQ-520 increases the accuracy of LED measurements making it ideal for use with both natural and electric light sources.
No Datalogger Required
The sensor can be connected to a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer via USB 2.0 type A plug to be used with the Apogee software. The included Apogee software gives the user control of data logging and calibration settings, provides a real time output display and graph of PPFD measurements and allows the data set to be saved as a csv file.
Internal Data Storage
The sensor has internal data storage capability with the ability to hold up to 10,000 measurements. This allows the sensor to collect data while connected to a stand-alone 5 V DC power supply such as a USB wall adapter.
- Resolution - 0.1 µmol m-2 s-1
- Calibration Factor - Custom for each sensor and stored in the firmware
- Calibration Uncertainty - ± 5 %
- Measurement Repeatability - Less than 1 % up to 4000 µmol m-2 s-1
- Long-term Drift - Less than 2 % per year
- Non-linearity - Less than 1 % up to 4000 µmol m-2s-1
- Response Time - Software updates every second
- Field of View - 180 °
- Spectral Range - 389 to 692 nm ± 5 nm (wavelengths where response is greater than 50 % of maximum)
- Spectral Selectivity - Less than 10 % from 412 to 682 nm ± 5 nm
- Directional (Cosine) Response - ± 2 % at 45 °, ± 5 % at 75 °
- Azimuth Error - Less than 0.5 %
- Tilt Error - Less than 0.5 %
- Temperature Response - -0.11 ± 0.03 % C-1
- Uncertainty in Daily Total - Less than 5 %
- Detector - Blue-enhanced silicon photodiode
- Housing - Anodized aluminum body with acrylic diffuser
- IP Rating - IP68
- Operating Environment - -40 to 70 C, 0 to 100 % relative humidity, can be submerged to depths of 30 m
- Dimensions - 24 mm diameter, 37 mm height
- USB Cable - 4.6 m (15 ft)
- Mass - Sensor head weighs 90 g
- Current Draw - (when Logging) 5.1 mA
- Manufacturer Warranty - 4 years against defects in materials and workmanship