- Preformed PTFE Membrane
- Quick Connect
- Ergonomic, One-Handed Operation
For the measurement of DO, the HI98193 is supplied with the HI764073 polarographic dissolved oxygen probe. This probe uses preformed PTFE membrane caps that are field replaceable. The probe connects to the meter with a unique quick connect waterproof DIN connector allowing for a secure attachment without a threaded connect that is also easy to remove.
The HI98193 portable DO meter has extended ranges of up to 50 ppm and 600% saturation. When measuring dissolved oxygen, compensations for pressure, temperature and salinity are essential for an accurate reading.
Pressure compensation can be done automatically with the meter’s built-in barometer or by manual entry. Calibration of the built-in barometer is done to one point by entering the value of a reference barometer. Pressure is displayed in user-selectable units including mmHg, inHg, atm, psi, kPa, and mbar.
The HI764073 DO probe has a built-in temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensation. The temperature sensor can be calibrated to one or two points. Manual entry of salinity values allows for the salinity compensation of dissolved oxygen readings in saline waters.
Other features include built-in methods and calculations for the measurement of Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD), Oxygen Uptake Rate (OUR) and Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate (SOUR).
The HI98193’s log on-demand feature allows users to store up to 400 readings. This data can then be transferred to a PC with the HI920015 USB cable and HI92000 software.
GLP data is accessible by a fixed dedicated key this data includes date, time, pressure, calibrated value, temperature and salinity value of the last calibration.
Access help at any time at the press of a dedicated button and view content specific information based on the screen that is currently being viewed.
The high contrast graphic LCD is easy to read outdoors in bright sunlight to low-lit areas with the backlight. A combination of dedicated and virtual keys allows easy, intuitive operation in a choice of languages.
The compact, durable HI760193 carrying case is thermoformed to hold all necessary components for taking a field measurement, including the meter and electrode, beakers, buffer solutions, cleaning solutions and storage solutions.
BOD is calculated in mg per liter from the difference between the initial and final dissolved oxygen concentration readings.
BOD parameters and records
All necessary parameters for BOD testing can be set and displayed at once.
A list of all saved BOD data can be easily retrieved and shown on the LCD display.
Measured in mg of oxygen consumed per L per hour.
Measured in mg of oxygen consumed per g of volatile suspended solids per hour.
Ergonomic, rugged, waterproof (IP67) design
Choice of units
- Display dissolved oxygen in % saturation or mg/L
Built in Barometer
- Automatic barometric pressure compensation with 1 point calibration
- Displays pressure in user-selectable units (mmHg, inHg, atm, psi, kPa, mbar)
Built-in temperature sensor
- Automatic temperature compensation with one or two point temperature calibration
- Displays temperature in °C or °F
- Manual salinity compensation with a selectable salinity value
- Determination of Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Oxygen Uptake Rate (OUR) and Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate (SOUR)
- Automatic polarization of polarographic probe at startup to ensure that the probe is ready to use when measurement screen is displayed
- Ready-to-use field replaceable PTFE membrane caps
- Store measurement data at the press of a button
- GLP data provides calibration data including date, time, pressure, calibrated value, temperature and salinity value of the last calibration
Contextual help at the press of a button
Backlit, Graphic LCD
PRIMARY APPLICATIONS: Environmental, water and wastewater, aquaculture, food manufacturing